Wednesday, September 5, 2012

IKEA explosion and sample paints

Isaac gave me a little spending cash from our wedding gifts! Originally I was going to save it for the iPhone 5, but upon a wandering adventure around IKEA, I fell in love with a TV stand and just had to have it for our ever-so-important TV set-up with our three game consoles. I have wanted forever to have something with drawers and/or cabinets to hid all of the controllers and cords, and now we have it!


How beautiful is she! I love me some Besta shelving units. She took hours to put together, and then I spent this morning moving everything from the old TV stand to the new one. I love the teal drawers, and it looks way less hectic than the previous one! Once our new media shelves come in, that DVD stand on the left will be gone as well, creating more room!


Ike playing his new Rocksmith game on the set-up. What a cutie.


In addition to building the TV stand, I also put our sample paints on the wall to pick which colors we wanted and see how it looks with the lighting!


The mint green on the right is our favorite. It will be for our accent wall in the dining room across to the living room. It may look really light right now, but I think once it covers the whole wall it'll be a nice, subtle pop!

Yellow in the kitchen. We like the bottom one best for full-kitchen coverage. It's pale and perfect!


This is all the same color gray for the bedroom, but I put it on three different areas of the wall to see how it shows in the different lighting. I think it's a perfect light gray!


That's it for now. I'm too tired to do anything else today. Going to Sherman tomorrow to sort through wedding stuff, and then Friday I absolutely have to do laundry before I begin cleaning out everything and making runs to goodwill! Time to purge ourselves of junk!

-Kristen



No comments:

Post a Comment